Thursday, October 1, 2015

Theme Day- Shelter

Today, October 1, 2015, is Theme Day across the CDP (citydailyphotoblog) world-wide community carrying this month's theme of "Shelter". Yes, I thought about beach umbrellas, canopies, homeless centers, bus stops in the rain and even lean-tos from childhood, but one type of shelter has been occupying a lot of my mind these days. What do you think it is? If you thought my new plywood floor woodshed, you were correct. Yes, I wish I could dwell for a few more weeks in 90 degree days, but I'm a realist at heart and like the ant in Aesop's "The Ant and the Grasshopper", I do so know winter days are lurking on my doorstep.
So the woodshed photo is a perfect way to relay this concept.
Take 'shelter from the storm', my friends.
No, Dylan didn't restore my floor.
But good friend Curt did.
Stupid Grasshopper!

21 comments:

  1. And it's nice how the wood shows up in many different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Progress has been made in the woodshed! And what a fine shelter it will be now! (I hope winter doesn't fall on you too suddenly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying this theme day so far. I thought we'd see a lot of bus stops, but there is quite a variety. Great idea for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely realized.










    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very important shelter and some really colorful wood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect for the theme. And good for you for being an "ant." You'll be pleased come winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we lived in the White Mountains of Arizona when I was a kid we heated the house with wood. Talk about work. Hauling the lumber in, sawing it, splitting it, stacking it and hauling it to the front porch every day from the wood pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A woodshed is an essential shelter when the temps drop below zero.. fiery interpretation of the theme Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! And they say, It's gonna' be a big one, this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If last winter is any indication, you'd better start stacking. Come to think of it, you'd better start chopping, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Particularly with last winter in your parts, the more wood to burn, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, winter will be here so very soon! You can never have enough firewood during a cold winter and you need to have warm shelter from the cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our wood pile is stocked! We are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to have a coal fireplace until it was too difficult to buy coal. Now I have a natural gas fireplace. But both sons have wood stoves, and they are busy stocking fuel for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope I get out of Dodge before that nasty cold weather arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doing something unique is a lot more fun than a standard-kind of shot.

    ReplyDelete