Monday, July 27, 2015

Fog Field

This morning broke with some more fog that will burn off soon. A muggy, humid day ahead for us. This is a pretty pathetic fence that I found this morning. I don't think it could even keep the flowers out by the looks of it. There was always something special creeping around delivering the Press Herald in the heavy foggy mornings. Walking the streets of Bishop, Mayfield, Adelaide and Bell, just to name a few, at 5:30 AM always contained a hint of mystery. Add some pea soup fog, and that was only heightened. The fact that many of the houses were still dark, and most of my friends were still tucked in dreamland was an aspect of the morning that sort of fueled my day in a strange sort of way. Up earl, I was ahead of their day. Get ahead; stay ahead. I always have loved and still do the early morning. I trace it to the fact that I was born at 7:10 AM.
There, the secret of my love of mornings is out.
I can't remember the last time I overslept.
Maybe 20 years ago?
Maybe never.
I set a radio alarm, but never use it.
My head, you see, is seldom in an early fog.

18 comments:

  1. I am not a morning person! End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot to be said for early mornings. The world is quiet and you see things more clearly. Well, except for the fog that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a.natural early riser, but rarely I need an alarm to get up... By the way, where did you find this unknown Impressionis painting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was more of a morning person, at least when it comes to photography. Poor fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's life on the coast for you. We get fog here rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fence lends a nice touch to your early morning foggy photo . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dislike having to get up with an alarm.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've given me something to think about again. Born one minute after midnight and have never used an alarm clock. Always up before everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fence wouldn't keep much of anything out, but those little purple flowers are too pretty to be kept out anyway. I haven't used an alarm clock in 20 years. Most mornings I'm usually up (or at least thinking about it) by 4:30 or 5:00. I don't like getting up before daylight and that's one reason I hate Daylight Saving Time so much! Can't wait to get back to Arizona where only on federal lands is it observed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Early morning is great for photos as your post clearly shows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a gorgeous scene and one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's enough of a fence for me. I like this shot!
    "Early fog" pretty much describes me in the a.m. and an alarm is usually required though these days I don't have to set one regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd rise early, too, if I could wake up to a scene like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An early morning fog is a treat. I sit on the porch with coffee and read the paper, watching the dog walkers, runners and strollers going by.

    ReplyDelete