Sunday, April 6, 2014

Snow Maple

Don't panic!
This image was not taken this morning. I took it about 3 weeks ago after our last snowfall (I hope). It's the maple tree at the end of the driveway. Spring has finally sprung. 
Boing! Boing! Boing!
There. Did you hear it. 
We've got a stretch ahead, about 10 days, of 50+ temperatures headed our way. I saw about 20 robins hopping about a field on the way home from work last week. Maybe baseball fields will be showing brown grass in another week or so. Bright sun greeted me at the backdoor, as I let Molly out this morning. The driveway remains wet, and that always a good sign that the garden area is melting. Still significant snow remains piled on the deck, but I digress. Crocuses are blooming. Elenka tells me there are daffodils ready to explode on her way to work. More birds are chirping, as I shove off to work each morning at 6:30. There is plenty of dirty snow around, but I just divert my eyes. 
"Look away, it's hideous!"
So, this better be my last snow shot, but I'm not predicting anything.
I had Michigan State winning it all tomorrow night. They are long gone in the Madness that was March.
We've had snow mid-April too.
Never in May though.
Whoops!
I shouldn't have uttered those words.
Boing!

19 comments:

  1. haha. hope you haven't jinxed yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (a blogger pal just posted about that this week - they used to be called buffalo birds as they followed the huge herds of bison across the plains. when the bison were almost wiped out, they adapted to herds of cattle, instead.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a tree I'd never grow tired of seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you must be safe now Birdman, oops perhaps I shouldn't have said that either; :) Boing! Sounds like spring to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. BElieve it or not, one spring down here in Birmingham, we had a quick snowfall on the crocuses and dafs. It was really rather pretty. Melted by noon as I recall. That's the way we like our snow down here. Pretty for photos and maybe a snowman and gone by noon! :) V

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very nice tree. I can see where in the midst of a snowstorm you might be up a tree without a shovel. That would be unhappy! I told you spring was on its way.

    Re your comment on Ocala: We used to live in Pine Island Ridge in Ft. Lauderdale/Davie. That was the highest point in SE Florida - about 12 feet. In Ocala, we're really high up - about 100 feet above sea level!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is spring, It is spring, it is spring -- my mantra. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not putting my boots or the snow shovel away - bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah. Come may you'll be the the low 90s and sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today was our first truly spring-like day and I think EVERYBODY turned outside for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, aren't those daffodils something wonderful come spring? I've been enjoying ours nonstop since the first ones started their dayglow blossoming (after winter anything with color looks like dayglow). (A friend of mine in California told me the other day that 80 degree weather was predicted for them today. Doesn't that sound criminal?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you didn't jinx yourself with that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robins are always a good sign! They usually show up here for a few weeks in February and March and then move on up north.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things are REALLY looking up with daffodils, crocus and robins!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to say that Robins are a good sign, but they were hanging around here back in February. What was up with that? Dirty snow is a horrible side effect of snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely shot!

    I've still got shots from December that I haven't posted yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, it just won't stop!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snow is too heavy. Nice to see the robins out. It calls out the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers crossed for NO May snow. You certainly have had a long winter up there. P.S.: I too was disappointed about MSU, my alma mater, being bounced from the tourney.

    ReplyDelete