Sunday, June 23, 2013

Beach Rock

Don't get nervous. 
All the beach rocks, I complained about yesterday at Willard Beach, weren't this big. I know I have the 'gift' of heightened exaggeration, but even you would question this. I must say though one of the saving graces of traveling to this beach was the large outcroppings of rocks and the fortress to the left of the beach area. After lunch, the old wives tale of not being able to go in the water for one hour was strictly enforced by Mom, so we sought out other avenues of entertainment. Climbing those large boulders filled the time nicely and made mommy dearest as nervous as all heck. Somewhere along this time, I read The Guns of Navarone for a book report and was sold on risking life and limb climbing rock faces. If you've read the book or seen the movie, you know what I mean. Most of the time, Mom probably wished she had persuaded us to hit the surf right after those egg salad sandwiches. It would have made her beach time a lot more enjoyable, I'd wager.

10 comments:

  1. Because my mother never learned to swim her nervousness was as big as that boulder in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great scene with the boats in the background. Envy you easy travel to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that's a biggy Birdman :) i like your composition here very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm craving an egg salad sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did have some rocky times growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love big rocks along the coast line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scenery and colour of the water...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete