Friday, April 19, 2013

Remnant

I'm seeing video this morning of the Midwest and their latest snow fall. Here's hoping that what I'm looking at on one of our old adirondack chairs up back, is it for us. Took a short walk this morning up to the garden and noticed there still is some ice and dirty snow under the big spruces. 
Yesterday, I spent the day celebrating my sister-in-law D's birthday in Boston, riding the the T, visiting the Isabella Gardiner Museum, tasting wine in the Northend at Nico's, and taking in the spring-like temperatures that the city offered. Walking along the nearby campuses of Wentworth Institute, Northeastern University an Simmons College and seeing undergraduates throwing frisbees and practicing lacrosse along city streets was such a far cry from the goings on in Boston this morning.
Boston STRONG!

Today, Elenka and I celebrate our 38th anniversary separated by many miles but always together.

17 comments:

  1. Life must go on! and celebrating such birthdays is a perfect way to show it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to two of my very favorite people! May you have many, many more years together. Thanks for spending my birthday with me - it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!

    Nice remnants :-)


    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary. Even though I'm tired to seeing snow, I posted more snow pictures on my blog today. Perhaps it will all melt soon. Got to run my snowblower this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday to sister-in-law! Snow is melting slowly but surly... And BOSTON WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been reported to me by people who should know (except they're my crazy relatives by marriage) that Minneapolis just got 8 more inches of the remnant. Seems to never stop, this white stuff falling from on high!

    Glad that you were able to celebrate your anniversary even though miles apart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you on your anniversary. Don't people realize that when they try to bring America down, it only serves to make us stronger?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our snowfall was beautiful but certainly not welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. Congratulations! When se returns be sure to wine and dine her. Some flowers and jewelry would be nice too. Don't forget the chocolate... good stuff, too (skip the stuff at Walgreens!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. a belated happy birthday. but it's okay that i'm late, you two will be celebrating late, also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you two! It sounds like a wonderful day spent in Boston. It almost looks like a nest on the chair.

    ReplyDelete