Sunday, December 9, 2012

Brick Colonial

I really like brick houses. I'm kind of drawn to them. While they are the proverbial 'dime a dozen' on city streets, you are hard-pressed to find them out here on country roads. This fine brick colonial is not far from my road. Driving by houses, I like to try to image living in them day to day. This one is probably around 200 years old. If that's the case it's seen a lot of living and a lot of history pass by these windows. During this month of December with lights on in her windows and an inch or so of new fallen snow on the ground, this is a picturesque beauty. On a cold winter's night, I can get a warm feeling driving this way and looking to the left. Funny thing, I almost never notice this house when I'm heading the other way on this road. I guess it's just my perspective.

18 comments:

  1. That looks like a big chimney so it must have had or still has one or more fireplaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis indeed a gorgeous house. And looks as though it's been kept in good repair. You could stop sometime and ask if you could check it out for your blog. All the owners can do is say no. Well, if they're carrying a shotgun, run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stately, timeless, That house will still look good a 100 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brick houses have a look of timelessness about them, and this is a traditional architectural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this through the wood to Grandmother's house? Watch out for wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in B'ham, we have a lot of this style home. They are especially pretty at Christmas.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a grand place this is. I love how it's viewed through those trees in front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely no bricks houses around here, not the style. Maybe that's why I like them too.I lkie the mood of your pictures in all those last posts, winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beauty. You must take a pic of it with snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! There are many examples of this type of architecture in our area. You have motivated me to go out and shoot them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful house, Birdman. Center entrance colonial houses are the standard designs in Connecticut, but most are wood because wood was so plentiful. A brick house is showing off. But, when I was in Ohio, there were a gazillion and a half brick houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love red brick houses, too. You would love seeing all the brick homes on St. Paul's Summit Avenue (some of which Kate has shared). Visit us, and we'll take a walking tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very intriguing home. Looks quite mysterious through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to live in a big old house like this. But they are real money pits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beauty Birdman..I have a red brick house, but not quite as grand as this haha!! I wish..

    ReplyDelete