Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome Back

If you ever lose track of me and need to find your way back, set your GPS to these coordinates. Bob of St. Louis Daily Photo http://saintlouismodaily
photo.blogspot.com/ did just that. Bob Crowe returned to Portland Saturday, and although we had never laid eyes on each other till 8:55 AM July 29, 2012, we enjoyed a wonderful couple of hours together. I picked him up at his hotel, and we headed to Bintliff's American Cafe, a favorite breakfast spot of mine. We settled at a table overlooking a wet Park Avenue and shared our lives over cups of coffee and breakfast. Bob decided on the homemade corned beef hash, and I the classic eggs benedict. After our repast, I took him for a quick overview of the city, up Congress Street to the Hill and Eastern Prom, then down to Commercial Street along the waterfront. I pointed out a few places he might want to stop later to get some shots, and if you check his blog today, you'll see that he did just that. We certainly crammed a lot into two hours. A tidbit that Bob revealed about me? Check out his picture today; Birdman without the ever-present bag. Can you believe it? His blog will be flooded with visits today! Hahahaha! Something about Bob? He has a way with people for sure. His comfortable nature is a plus for him in his quest of portraits of strangers. I saw it revealed when he struck up a conversation and photographed the woman with the 'novel' t-shirt also on his blog today. Thank you Bob! You taught me a lot about how to approach women, even when their husbands are sitting nearby!
Enjoy your week in Rockport!


30 comments:

  1. I don't know whether I am more shocked that you would visit without your paper bag or that you wore a black Sox cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. un moment avec bob et sa femme, c'est toujours un superbe moment. cela devait etre tres sympa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to visit Bob's Blog which is always a pleasure to visit...just as your blog brings pleasure to many of your fans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bob, for revealing who Birdman really is!
    It takes the pressure off me!

    Lakeland Checks In! (a Birdman sis)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You taught me a lot about how to approach women...."

    Thanks a lot, Bob.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you two had a great time and a lot in common. Can't wait to run over the Bob's site and see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have already noted the coordinates.
    Just in case...
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well after that intro guess I'll have to give Bob a visit - tried to visit a fellow blogger once but that day he was heading over into my neck of the woods so we were both in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great visit. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can just imagine the conversation over that breakfast. How wonderful that you got to meet up. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed when I go over to Bob's post I can't imagine that there will be a 'mug shot' of the Birdman..going to look now..

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, barely got a glimpse of you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you guys had a good time. I like Elenka's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I can "see" you without your paper bag?
    Greetings from Athens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Birdman, and thank you for your comment on my blog today. I read about you on Bob's blog! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. coordinates noted! Next time I come to Usa...
    I love the t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I shall check out Bob's blog. I want to see what great things he found in Maine.

    One thing, though...it seems that you would hardly need help in approaching women. I think you'd be the one giving help in that area! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I'm back. Did a quick trip to St. Louis. You are quite a trip. I must say, though, that you're a lot better-looking than I had initially thought.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy, what have you two been up to? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You don't look anything like I imagined. I thought you would be.. Well you know.. What with the bag.. I thought..

    I had to laugh at Elenka's comment. Who said Americans don't do irony?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I forgot to ask. Did Bob get that woman's number? I would have got her number. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Oh that portrait of Birdman is to die for!"
    Thank you ciele! I won't let it go to my head... much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elenka's comment cracked me up. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a true friend - OR he was trying to get you beat up by the womens' husbands!


    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    <(-'.'-)>

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is CDP community at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just looked at his blog; he did a nice little photo essay about Portland. Those arent'always easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Will we get to see any shots of this meeting? :) Sounds like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too bad Heidi Klum didn't walk in, you could have approached her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your word portrait of Bob is so accurate. Bob charms anyone and everyone into a photograph. So glad you two got to spend time together. I loved his photo of you, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have no GPS, but I can still find these on a map!

    ReplyDelete