Monday, June 25, 2012

Three Spires

... more "My Three Hours"
On our way to the beach, we stopped for breakfast in the first floor of this old church. Elenka needs it. Yogurt and cereal stuff, or a bagel and cream cheese. She needs it. Me? Give me a cup of java, and I'm good to go. This morning I broke down and bought a blueberry muffin, my favorite. Mistake. It was very dry and not very satisfying. Food critic? I'm sounding like Marchin. Sheesh! Now, I'm not a big church guy, but I do enjoy checking out old churches, especially if I can get a cup of coffee to go. I have passed this church countless times but not from this angle.

19 comments:

  1. I like a lot this picture!It's beautiful!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you captured that rustic steeple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often aspired to find three spires in a row. Merci!

    And I'd also go inside of a church if there was available a cup of joe and some good pastries. Looks like the place could use a bit of TLC. Perhaps if you offered to help paint the place they'd give you free coffee to go for the rest of your life, or their life, whichever... Oui?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Lowell's comment, the part about you offering to help paint it for the cup of joe;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cafe in an old church - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is surprising how you can always find new angles of known things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this angle.

    I'm with Elenka - I like a bit more than just a cup of coffee in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Churches intrigue me too even though I'm not a church going kinda person. This on is lovely against the blue sky. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where religion and a cup of joe bisect. Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do believe that churches were built just to be photographed! Have a good day and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shot. Faith, food and a hot coffee; perfect combination.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like it needs a little love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I kind of like the peeling paint.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this image. Nice angle, fascinting deterioration. Ever notice how our eyes are specially drawn to structures falling apart?

    Just coffee for me to start the day, lots of it, plus a banana.

    ReplyDelete