Friday, April 20, 2012

Shadow Image

Shadows sometimes can hold a lot of memories and such.

I had a toy red one of these that I would ride up and down the driveway at the Allen Avenue house. My parents rented the second floor, and my grandparents did a lot of babysitting, as I remember. The house had a big barn attached, and I often did a lot of exploring in there, under my grandparents' watchful eyes. I just stumbled upon it one day. It was piled in the back corner, looking like it was meant for a dump run in the near future. I got it upright and took it for a spin across the oil-spattered planks of the barn floor. To my surprise, even though the ride was terribly bunpy, it worked! That spring and summer, my next door neighbor Billy and I had loads of fun on it, driving it all around the yard, working the pedals.

It's an easy one. What am I?

12 comments:

  1. The shadows remind me of a farm tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tractor. Lucky you, Birdman. I would have switched childhoods with you any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never expected to find so much meaning in a shadow, great post!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it might be a tractor. Blogger wouldn't display your post today. I got here by going straight to a previous post. Glad I made the effort though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shadow looks like a tractor so it's probably a toy, like a pedal toy car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the abstract look of this.

    ReplyDelete