Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ceramic House

Yesterday afternoon I rode around the back forty hanging a few of my leftover birdhouses. I'm not overwhelmed with them, but I have enough. Each spring when I clean them out, repair and rehang them, Elenka always seems to roll her eyes and ask, "Is that a new one?" or "Where did that one come from?" I don't usually give her a heads-up about new ones. I just hang 'em and see how long it takes her to notice. They are not in any way approaching the hundreds, and they are not in anyway shape or manner 'perfect', but as I like to say about lots of things in my world--- they're good enough. This one I picked up from an artist friend who was building them as a project with kids to place in a garden. The hole is probably too big to keep intruders out, but I just like it up back to keep me company. It's bright and has found a home here amid sturdy pine branches.

19 comments:

  1. Quite a sophisticated birdhouse...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple idea to offer houses to birds is already great to my eyes.No matter houses are perfect or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. You'll have to let us know if anyone takes up residence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that's a lovely collection to have - and share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a colorful gem - let us know who/what nests in it. And thanks for reminding me to get out the birdhouses . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. who knows, maybe some very large bird will find this a very cozy spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like a little hippie house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love birdhouses -- old new,damaged, large, small -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure it's possible to have too many birdhouses. This one is colorful -- you'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it gets adopted as a home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like and approve your good-enough approach to things... This curious birdhouse, if not perfect, is much better than good enough anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIRD- Man!

    Love the red 300 too


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } (°>

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like this and I find it far above good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What bird wouldn't like to set up home here?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like artsy target practice, too. How many of your birdhouses get residents through the course of the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure a 'weight challenged' feathered friend will appreciate the bigger entrance Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Birdman, you are so good to everyone, even to the birds.
    A beautiful house it is.

    ReplyDelete