Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Near Desk

Brattcat asked so, her wish is my command today. On Saturday's blog I mentioned the photography show "Making Faces" at PMA and the hilarious portrait of Picasso at a dinner table with rolls. I bought a postcard and placed it on my wall collection at work, next to some of my other 'friends'. See it? Are you smiling? I know you are! Look closely. He joins Dylan, Dali, Lennon, Washington, God kicking butt on Jeopardy(love this Far Side cartoon), Heidi Klum, Mr. Ed, a baby picture of me(?) w/ Mom's caption, lots of writers, my inner cowboy, the Wizard of Oz comic, my favorite 'loaner dog' Annie and more. The wall is loaded with much important stuff and people and a lot of crap that just keeps me smiling. There's even a caricature of me up there on another section that many say resembles E. A. Poe. I don't see it, but some do. I do believe this Picasso is a nice addition though. And you? I know you can't see it all, but do you have suggestions to add to this motley crew?
Thanks Kitty!

17 comments:

  1. That is a cool congregation of pals.
    You get by with a little help from your friends!

    Warm Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great friends to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. que de star, picasso, Mr Ed...un beau melange de notre culture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Picasso, but who cares? Where's Heidi Klum? Sheesh!

    And is it correct to say that you would not take a Pink Cadillac SUV if I was to give you one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, bird. it's a corker of a wall. i didn't see heidi either, lowell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and btw, i totally get the e.a. poe resemblance comment. except you smile a lot more than he did, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great collage of interesting people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great wall for a workplace! Such a collection of inspirational characters! I have the same photo of Picasso framed with some other French prints on a wall at home. Makes me smile whenever I pass it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice group of friends! it would be interesting to see a pic of everyone's board - mine is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Beautiful post and interesting comments...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of posting all that interests you -- tells somewhat who you are -- humorous that is for sure -- and a kid that had a good childhood -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing this collection - so interesting to see what people post on their bulletin boards. That should be a daily photo theme one day. I like your pals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it. I keep a similar collection of postcards that make me happy. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even our good local Pablo Picasso!

    ReplyDelete