Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick or Treat?

Say what you will, but it's only October 30th on my calendar. By the time I was up and on the road this morning, a lot of melting had already occurred. Two snow falls before Halloween? It's hard for me to remember. But alas, it has come and will be just a fleeting memory with the mid-week temperatures expected. Might this be a harbinger of our coming winter? Hard to say. I don't hold much faith in the Old Farmers' Almanac, because it's always predicting a tough winter for these parts. Two years ago, when I was home for my surgery, it was pretty mild. Last winter, it was a bit more upbeat. Today, there are lots of church services canceled. For the 3-4 inches of snow in my driveway? Here's what I say. Stop the predicting and all the worrying-mongering and just let the days play out as they will. That's what I'm doing. Simple as that!

17 comments:

  1. My friend lives in Connecticut and she texted me that there were trees down (from the snow) where she lives. Weird weather for October, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trick or Treat????
    I know, I know.
    Trick for sure!!
    At least I hope so or else we are in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty capture, despite the early snowfall. I agree -- enough of the prognostications. Blah. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the weathermen in our area are wrong more often than they are right. I like today's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not one to worry about the weather. What happens, happens. I like your phrase about letting the day plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a wise man Birdman! A pretty good photographer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent color and your right, just get out there an make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really all we can do Birdman, can't mess with Mother Nature! I'm going to have to buy some more treats to hand out, I bought them too early and ate them all haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty of a shot. Oh, don't forget to button up when you're living one day at a time! :-)

    We are predicted to have a colder than usual winter. The last two winters have been colder than usual! We had several days in the 30s for cripes' sake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get through your early snow well. Great shot of the understory still showing color!

    Chip
    http://throughmyeyes-choppography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree... the weathermen whip up people into such a frenzy about bad weather (sometimes warranted but...) and then there is so much knee jerk reaction... oh... and love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, I know, it's weather, right? It happens, right? It snows in the winter, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went trick or treating in 1954 on Loring AFB (Limestone AFB to some) and the weather was mainly just cold with fluries. By the time we got home we had 6" of snow.

    Meterologists would have a job if all they did was give the weather, they have to hype it up. Our spend the night on cots in the station when we have "severe thunderstorm warnings" out, like we can't her the thunder and see the lightening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your philosophy.

    And I'm in love with your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. winters comin' quick

    ReplyDelete