Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sunnyside

A couple of strange connections today. Sunnyside and Summerside two names that come to mind when I see these sunflowers waving in garden. First of all, when I head out for breakfast to a local restaurant, I take my eggs sunny side up. I just like the looks of the plate with them set up like that. Never saw my Dad with an egg on his plate. He always claimed, that after eating the powdered variety in Italy in WWII, they made him nauseous to look at. Not me though. I don't eat a lot of them, but when I do, I like the two eyeballs staring back at me. Call me crazy! Summerside? The Waite side of my family came from Summerside P.E.I. I've never been there, but Nana's stories about her adventures there keep resounding even today. Gonna be another fine fall day. Keep it sunny!

21 comments:

  1. You do know that often times sunny side up eggs are still (gag) 'runny' on the top.
    The texture of that alone is enough to say "over easy, please".
    Call YOU crazy? Nah.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe macro, les couleurs sont magnifiques

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your day is as sunny as this beautiful sunflower. Olivier is correct: it is a superb macro. You had a "nana?" That's the name I got from my grandchild as he was beginning to talk. It seems so universal; wonder what a linguist would say about that? Awfully close to Italian "grandmother" too. Have a sunny day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you considered a trip to p.e.i. to visit the old homestead?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture is amazing when you bring it in real close Birdman, wonderful macro. Yeah I'm fond of sunny side up too, perfect for dipping 'soldiers' (toast). Glad you're enjoying the sunshine where you are, it's been a bit wild here, but sunny today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summerside it's a beautiful name for a place!
    Lovely colors and so wonderful macro shot!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Golly, gosh, gorgeous! Thanks! Never would make me thing of fried eggs, though. Just gobs and gobs of sunshine and blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.E.I. is a great place! I encourage you to visit the island. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birdman -- Sunflowers are sunshine in a garden. What a terrific shot! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflowers are the best way to make the day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunflowers are seriously underrated -- great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice clear, crisp and colorful shot today, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will save this image for my PC screen for long grey winter days. Yellow therapy. Sunny side up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Elenka, over easy, same reason. This is a beautiful flower today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always a great shot and I like the way you connect all things in life (memories, events) with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sun-neeeeee pic and love that Summerside/Sunnyside. . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zow! Have we left Maine and gone off to Kansas?

    Sunnyside was the name of my old neighborhood in Queens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love full-frame flower shots like this. Very well done! Also love the mystery object shot. I thought it was bark of a tree.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete