Thursday, October 28, 2010

DownEast4

We stayed at Elsa's Inn on the Harbor, a delightful B&B in Prospect Harbor. It was the perfect place for us! Outside our windows as we traveled, some delightful names whizzed by: south china, east palermo, the kingdom, searsport, stockton springs, verona island, bucksport, orland, sullivan, steuben, milbridge, columbia falls, hulls cove, otter creek, gouldsboro, prospect harbor, winter harbor, jonesboro, machais, whiting, lubec, northfield, the airline, beddington, the whaleback, aurora, amherst, clifton, eddington, newport, fairfield, sidney, litchfields corner, gray, standish and by then it was 'home again finnegan'! Quite a two day romp, if I do say so.

http://www.elsasinn.com/

16 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful place to be at all seasons !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inviting photo and tale! You have captured the setting with the light/dark contrasts, textures, and rich colors. I have enjoyed reading back on your "down East" travels as I have been away also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That window seat looks as if it needs a cat. Meow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know... we wondered about a cat. I agree. Cats are such silent, secret types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the names of those towns/places! I'm always looking for interesting ones. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. The window seat is so inviting; a great spot to curl up with a good book or just sit and take in the lovely view.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you enjoy the place and thanks for the link and the hint about b&b there!
    I love your picture, such an elegant composition!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like a view over the water. East Palermo and Verona Island are almost familiar sounding names.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds inviting. Nothing like a B & B on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The compostion is so nice in this shot. I'd love to sit down there and gaze out the window. It looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was born in Maine. I just finished reading a novel set there. Now, you and your wonderful photos plus the list of place names make me want to plan a trip there. Now, when is the weather in the 80s and dry? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like a couple interesting days! I do agree, a cat would make the whole picture pull together, and Sunny, a nice place to stop and sit with a good book is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the composition and the peaceful and quiet feeling of the place in general. Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't be able to sit there for long, I'd be down to the harbor with my fishing rod.

    ReplyDelete