Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dark Roast

I'm in Arabica again last Sunday morning with long time pal Paul. We get together for coffee and breakfast every so often and catch up on our latest comings and goings. It's our favorite meeting spot. When the sun's coming up, I love looking out these windows towards Free Street. He shared his latest good news on the house hunting front and the trials and tribulations of attempting to negotiate the summer tourist traffic in Bar Harbor in July. Elenka and I are headed to the Schoodic Peninsula soon, but we'll try it after the 'leaf peepers' leave. I like to visit the beaches and rocks, when they are a bit lonely and wanting for attention. As for me, we reminisced about his meeting my sister Diane for the first time. He had questions, and we both just shook our heads at the fine fortune of her finding us when she did. It was quite a quest for her. I think she's happy at what she has found. I know I am. After about and hour, we parted. He was stopping off at the office. I headed off to shoot milk trucks. Don't ask. Got Milk?


16 comments:

  1. I imagine it's a cozy café there, a lovely place to meet friends and chat.I like a lot those huge windows, it's beautiful and the light outside is magnificent,a day full of good surprises, I imagine here, a great day there.
    Hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta su blog gracias por mostrarlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story to go with this warm setting. Be careful shooting milk trucks!

    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice atmosphere for a chat over coffee. Fantastic floor to ceiling windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pleasures of friendship are infinite, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful cafe, beautiful atmosphere.
    Wong

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great place to meet up with friends. "Leaf Peepers", I hadn't heard that before. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy a good slice of life. (By the way, as B squared said, they still deliver milk to the door up there? Really?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milk truck... see tomorrow's post. Not as we remember them. hhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Leaf Peepers"? It's a Maine thingy. Tourists who follow the leaves with fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hei. takk for hyggelig komentar.
    Jeg har sett på dine bilder, de er til stor motivasjon for en amatør som meg. En flott linje med farger som er gjennomgående i dine bilder, med fine glimt av detaljer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like some nice catching up with an equally wonderful view.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made me miss my best friend. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those giant windows provide quite the view. Great for people watching too.

    ReplyDelete