Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cat Dreams

Now, for that age old question- do cats dream? Cripes! It's not if, I'm worried about, but what? They sleep constantly. They are the masters of sleep. They must be up to something! I read once that they have two main mantras: "If in doubt, wash" and "If bored, sleep". Based on my extended research, living with multiple felines for many a year, I'd have to say those incantations are not far from the truth. For quite a few years now, I've had the knack of being able to 'translate' thoughts from our Molly. For instance, in this shot she's caught in mid-sentence uttering something along the lines of: 'You want something? Now, go away!' Purrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, she does look like she doesn't want to be bothered. Having lived with a basenji (the original dog in a cat suit), I concur about the napping and cleaning. And, of course, there's the occasional attempt to trip you on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Molly, you are a beauty. I can see how you've taken command of the household. Well done, my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention eating and letting you know it's time to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly looks like she might enjoy a tummy rub, then again...maybe not! She's a beautiful tabby.
    I have a cat named Molly too.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cat photo. I like cats and have had a number of them. Unfortunately my best friend Smokey is not too chummy with cats. He likes being an only pet. Nice roses too. We are already in summer here. The high today was an even 100*F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "When in doubt, wash", Jennie/The Abandoned by Paul Gallico. I will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete