Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reenactment

I attended a Civil War Reenactment recently, and it got me thinking. I'd really like to get the opportunity some day to visit Gettysburg and some of the other Civil War sites. Although, seemingly endless summer days of my youth were spent 'playing army', I really don't think I'm cut out to be a reenactor of this war or any other for that matter, but I'd really to visit some of the battlefields. I must say though, when I see those soldiers in uniform, leading learning stations on camp life, the uniform and what the soldiers carried, musket firing, and food preparation, I can see why for history buffs there is the great intrigue.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. It's off to the cemetery this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. You forgot one very important part. It is of critical tradition that the trip to the cemetery HAS to be followed by our first trip of the summer to Dairy Queen. Your mom, dad, grandparents and aunts and uncles would be proud.
    (I have been blessed to have known most of Birdman's family that are now watching over us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photo is beautiful and perfect for this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine Memorial Day post, Birdman.

    «Louis» thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo!

    ReplyDelete