Monday, March 1, 2010

Theme Day: Passageway

Today, March 1, 2010, is Theme Day across CDPB CityDailyPhotoBlog community. Hallways, railroad tracks heading off to nowhere, entrances, exits, narrow waterways... there were lots of ideas to choose from on this topic. What's Benjamin Franklin famous line? "The only things certain in life are death and taxes." For my subject, I settled on a peaceful venture to a place I know well, although I know few resting there. I pondered for 20 minutes or so inside the gates of Evergreen and attempted to interpret that 'great passageway' that awaits us all someday.

13 comments:

  1. Now that's an original take on the word and a beautiful photo to illustrate it. Too right, it comes to us all one day and we never know when it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely interpretation of this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intense image. I'm curious, too, what makes the stones turn that reddish color, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very profound passageway and a great composition for theme day. well done. this could be a post card

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess on the coloration of stones? You got me, really. Maybe the maple leaves nearby? Sometimes there are impurities in the limestone that show up years and years later. Old stones here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I considered this, too. Cemeteries are such great places to make images. And the passage from life to death a most profound take on the theme. I love the snowy graveyard and those old, old stones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah ... me too, I had considered that particular passageway but could not determine an interesting take on the subject. This strikes the right soft note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A poetic version of a passageway, altho I prefer a wait for this one which is a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old cemeteries make such wonderful subjects for pictures. Your interpretation of a passageway is quite interesting, I've never actually thought of the transition to death that way. I do, however, think it's a passageway that I would like to avoid for a while!
    Hope your recovery is going well.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. best informationPalm Exotica resortsPalm Exotica is one of best resorts in Hyderabad to offer great holiday activities for families, corporate events, team outings, adventures and fun
    more info:https://www.palmexotica.com/

    ReplyDelete