Sunday, November 8, 2009

Abacus

Yesterday, we took an afternoon sojourn to Portland to walk the streets of the Old Port. One of my favorite spots to walk through is Abacus, 'fine American crafts since 1971'. Don't ask me why, but when I saw this shot late last night I thought of the Stones album:"Through the Past Darkly", with their faces pressed against glass. It's been fun being with J&A these past few days... we just don't see them enough, so we have to pack a lot of laughter, wine, good food and catching up into the weekend. After 'hitting' the shops on Exchange, we took a leisurely walk up to check out the closing sale at LLBean then to the Stadium for a brew. A- and I enjoyed a 'Prelude'(Shipyard's winter beer-- out already!), while the gals just wanted a tea or an Irish coffee. No luck! Nothing hot to drink the waitress told them. Kinda strange, if you ask me. After watching 20 minutes or so of the ND game, it was back home for pasta and football.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean the LLBean Closing Sale???? And is pumpkin head still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL Bean closing Congress St store. Sale, stop by. Pumpkinhead... not on tap most places. Bottles in stores til their gone. The seasons change...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful warm colors. I don't know about the Stones album, but I like the photograph.

    ReplyDelete