Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hayfield

Yesterday afternoon's foreboding sky eventually over took this sunny field, and the heavens emptied. Little lightening, not much thunder, but a whole lot of water. Sounds a bit funny after the wet July we had, but gardens around here really needed to quench their thirsts. After about an hour or so, bright sun... blue skies. These bales of hay that scatter fields in August and September are harbingers of the changing seasons, and remind us all how fleeting summer really is.

3 comments:

  1. It will be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous shot, Birdman. Great light and composition. And I can almost smell that field post-storm! Really evocative work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Birdman, you are a great photographer....always were!
    Too bad I'm not very photogenic 'cause I'd be on your case all the time to do my modeling shots....just in case I would ever need them for something.

    ReplyDelete