Sunday, April 5, 2009

Foggy Bottom

A foggy bottom- with apologies to the GWU campus area near DC, this is what came to mind this morning. I pass this rambling, broken-down farmhouse each day on my way to work. I have photographed it many times, in all sorts of weather and seasons. What caught my eye this morning was the edge of the fog line running up the slight hill. I have never seen it quite like this before. Spring is 'a long time coming' here in Maine. We often remark-- will it ever get here? When the cherry blossoms are out along the Potomac, we're still waiting for budding trees and early daffodils. But the week of spring(some just call it mud season), we get here, is worth it after all the snow and ice. I guess... sometimes I'm not quite sure!

4 comments:

  1. Birdman, this is a great catch. It's as if a veil is being lifted; that line between mist/no mist is so sharp. You know that 'week' of spring is worth every bitter wind that has blown down your neck all winter. Soon even that tiny patch of snow will dissolve into lush, wondrous green. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you got this photo. The fog is simply a curtain that has fallen in exactly that spot. I've never seen anything like it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brattcat has said it all, it does look like a veil being lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, good old Mother Nature providing yet another mystery about life and the power that lies within our grasps. keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete