Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mother-love

I remember egg salad and sand at Willard Beach.
I remember piano playing echoing through large rooms.
I remember writing help on Sunday nights.
I remember the cow bell ringing us home.
I remember your welcoming love of Ellen.
I remember your calming voice during thunderstorms.
I remember oatmeal breakfasts almost every morning.
I remember rides to high school in your pajamas.
I remember watching the 'Life of Riley' with you.
I remember crossword puzzles late into the evening.
I remember our love of toasted-tuna sandwiches.
I remember dinners at The Village.
I remember that first trip to Rochester together.
I remember rides in the blue Thunderbird.
I remember family camping in Camden.
I remember all your snow day entertainment.
I remember making every Christmas morning special.
I remember rides to Lincoln on rainy days.
I remember everything you EVER did to help me.
Mom, I miss you today... on your Birthday!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful tribulte, richly written, to person who was both beautiful and inspiring. No one is more deserving.

    Happy Birthday, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all of our moms. Thank you for this poignant tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday 'mom'. You always saw the best in everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And someone told me, not only was she a treasure, but she raised kind and loving children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been blest to have known the touch and the love of our dear mommy. Thank-you birdman. She would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting thing.

    ReplyDelete