Monday, March 9, 2009

Slugger

32 days and counting? Will the cry of "Play ball" be heard this spring around here? I'm sure it will be, even though the diamond is still covered with snow and ice. Hadlock Field is the home of the Boston Red Sox Double A affiliate, the Portland Seadogs, and it will be hoppin' on April 9. Back aways... I remember my nightly ritual of falling asleep late, with just the glow of my old, gray Motorola lighting the corner of my bedroom, listening to those West Coast games and the hitting prowess of some kid named Willie Mays. The snow WILL disappear, April WILL come... Hope 'springs' eternal!
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t546

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait for the season to start, Hadlock field is a great place to catch a game.

    ReplyDelete